What is material handling?
Material handling is the process of receiving your shipment from your carrier and managing it throughout the event cycle. It is a standard trade show process and it is a chargeable fee, typically based on the weight of your shipment.
The material handling process includes:
- Unloading freight from your carrier when it arrives at the show.
- Transporting your shipment to your booth.
- Removing empty shipping containers from your booth.
- Storing your empty containers during the show.
- Returning empty containers to your booth once the show is over.
- Transferring the freight back to the loading dock.
- Loading the items onto your carrier’s delivery vehicle for return shipping.
Want lower charges?
Consolidate, consolidate, consolidate!
Skid items as much possible so that they are sure to arrive together. Each shipment that arrives at a separate time is assessed the minimum charge. Whether you decide to ship to the advance warehouse or directly to the show site, it is in your best interest to consolidate as much as possible.
Questions? Email Marlea. You can also visit the Exhibitor’s Portal for FAQs and the Exhibitor’s Corner page for more helpful vendor tips. Thanks and stay safe!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.