Facilitator: Tim Gillis, Founder and President of Genesis Reliability Group
By more effectively engaging frontline employees, 18 months of continuous improvement increased B/CD by 14%, from 66,000 to 75,300 B/CD. Similar results at a 100,000 B/CD refinery would result in a 14,000 B/CD improvement. At $10/barrel refinery margin, the annual improvement opportunity is $51.1 million.
How the refinery leadership team achieved the above results is the focus of the webinar. The case study will show how the leadership team engaged frontline employees by following the data. They used the data from GRG’s (Genesis Reliability Group) patented data set for the following:
- Bridging frontline employees’ experiences to other stakeholders’ expectations
- Estimating the opportunities from a continuous improvement initiative
- Validating they were on a path to capitalize on the estimated opportunities
- Engaging frontline employees in identifying equipment that prevented capitalizing on the opportunities
- Keeping frontline employees engaged by measuring/communicating frontline employees’ contribution to continuously improving unit charge rates
Genesis Reliability Group’s Mission
Collaborate with plant personnel to achieve sustainable, pacesetting operational excellence by guiding and coaching them consistently applying their unique strengths to implement leading edge reliability best practices.
Tim Gillis is Founder and President of Genesis Reliability Group. Tim has over 40 years of experience implementing effective and efficient improvements to plant operations. He uses his patented benchmarking tool as the platform for better positioning clients to achieve and sustain performance that exceeds stakeholders’ expectations.