Facilitator: Aamir Laasi – KBR
Refiners are facing significant challenges including a historic reduction in fuels demand and the early impact of IMO 2020 regulations. However, long-term forecasts show a growth in fuels demand through 2050, an increase in refining petrochemical integration, and a drive to reduce carbon intensity. Enhancing BoB operations through KBR’s Solvent De-Asphalting technology, ROSE®, is a cost-effective and versatile way to address these challenges.
During this webinar, you will learn about:
- Increasing refinery margins by processing De-asphalted Oil from the ROSE® unit in downstream conversion units
- Identifying outlets for asphaltene from the ROSE® unit including:
- Processing in downstream refinery units
- Steam and electricity generation
- Asphalt or Road Bitumen
KBR’s ROSE® process offers:
- Industry-Leading Experience: Over 40 years of experience and expertise with more than 60 ROSE® licenses and a combined licensed capacity of more than 1.6 million BPSD.
- Cost-Effective Investments: Attractive investment opportunities with typical payback periods less than three (3) years.
- Flexible Solutions: Ability to respond to market developments in fuel, lube, asphalt, and petrochemical applications.
Aamir Laasi is Refining Technology Manager at KBR Technology Solutions. Based in Houston, he is responsible for supporting the ROSE® technology and its associated product improvements & developments, alongside sales & proposal activities.
He joined KBR in 2018. He has 15 years of experience in the oil and gas industry with a progressive record in development of projects from concept through startup and leading design efforts. Aamir holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering from The University of Texas at Austin.