Jolene Kramer - ob Performance Systems
Many refiners have an aging workforce approaching retirement age. At the same time there is a shortage of educated, skilled workers to fill open jobs. This roundtable will discuss issues and success stories regarding staffing and training employees so companies can operate safely and productively.
- What sorts of skills and education are you looking for currently?
- What barriers do you encounter in recruiting the right people?
- How do you train and qualify your new workers?
- What are typical problems your new workers have in learning the job?
- What training techniques do you find work best?
A workgroup is a great forum for sharing Lessons Learned or Best Practices. A Subject Matter Expert speaks briefly about a particular topic. Then discussion is opened to the group.