David Williams - Berthold Technologies
One question that comes up in discussing continuous levels on delayed coke drums is how long of a measurement is required? This discussion comes up not only with the operator but also with the engineering company. Some of the questions are as follow.
- Where does the level start?
- Do we need to measure tangent to tangent?
- We will look at the recommended length?
- Why that length is recommended?
- Where is the level placed on the drum?
- Why is the level placed there?
We will look at these questions and answer why the span is what it is and where on the drum it is located.