Syed Mumtaz - Freelance Consultant
We’ll compare notes in a discussion on what FCCU equipment has the most risk, and what has the most reward.
- Look at equipment from the perspective of maintenance, reliability, operations, instrument and electrical, machinists, pressure equipment integrity (PEI), risk based inspection (RBI), etc.
- What cleaning, inspecting, lubricating, testing, and replacing you should never avoid.
- You have to spend the extra time and money on “X” because we can’t afford to have it fail.
Next we’ll have a wish list discussion. For example,
- What valve has lowered your safety risk, or;
- What instrumentation has enabled you to be more accurate or increase production, or;
- What equipment allows you to be more versatile, or;
- I wish we had installed “X” so we could do “Y” or;
- What are some other examples?
And if there is time and interest, there could be a discussion from a capital dollars approach, what revamps or upgrades make the most sense with current needs and in today’s economy.