Thank you for your interest in presenting at the virtual RefComm® 2021 technical Conference and interactive Exhibition. We are currently accepting abstracts for five programs: DCU Technical program, the FCCU Technical program, the Sulfur Technical Program, the SDA Technical program, and the Vendor Spotlight program.
For priority consideration, please submit your abstracts today. Preference will be given to presentations giving case studies and actual operating experience. We welcome abstracts from supply companies that are co-authored and will be co-presented with the operating company. Please do not hesitate to contact Becky Peterson with questions or concerns.
Do you have permission to make a presentation? Please seek permission to present in a virtual environment from your management and legal teams as early as possible.
- Titles, Abstract & Image – Priority Submission due Immediately
- Presenter Photo and Bio due Immediately
- Company Logo due Immediately
- Permission to Distribute due Immediately
- Registration due Immediately
- Presentation Video File due 5 April 2021
Maximize your impact. Read these tips for giving a GREAT PRESENTATION.
Title, Abstract, and Image
Priority Submission Due Immediately
General Submission Due Immediately
To be considered for a presentation time-slot, submit your title, abstract, and featured image as soon as possible.
- Regular Title – The title, presenter’s name, and company.
- Abstract – A full description of the scope of your presentation.
- Featured Image – a clear image to be included with all online marketing.
All abstracts will be considered by our board of advisers; a group of refiners and other industry professionals, who will vet presentations based on their interest level in the topic and the topic’s value to the industry.
Preference will be given to presentations citing case studies and operating experience from refinery personnel and to vendor presentations that are co-authored with operating companies.
Due 5 April 2021
- Typical presentation time is 30 minutes.
- It should include a maximum of 25 slides.
- The first slide is your Title Slide. It needs to have the presentation title, the presenter’s contact information, the company logo, and the RefComm® graphic.
- Use 18 point font or larger. Use contrasting colors for clear viewing online.
- Use pages numbers on your slides.
- You may include a video clip into your presentation. Video files must be embedded in the PowerPoint file as a compliant file type.
- Use high-resolution photos. Do not compress them. Your file will be much larger and may load slowly, but the clarity of both the projected and published presentation is worth it. If the photos are really dark, lighten them up or request our assistance.
- Recording your presentation
- Record your presentation using ZOOM or other software
- Upload your “unlisted” video to your YouTube. Then download it from your YouTube. Using YouTube will optimize your video file for later use in our event software platform.
- Acceptable video file format is an optimized MP4.
- Please send your video file to Becky:
- Your video will be reviewed before upload to the event platform. A punch list will be emailed back to you regarding possible changes.
- PLEASE NOTE: the RefComm team will not do any post production/editing to your video file. What you send us is what your customers and colleagues will see.
- If you need assistance contact the RefComm Team.
Permission to Distribute Form
Presenter Biography and High-Resolution Photo
Please send a short biography and a photograph for each presenter. The photograph can be a formal headshot or a casual image. It should be a pleasant and clear image of the presenter and at least 1mb in size. Biographies should be 5 sentences or less and should include: name, title, company, number of years in the industry, 1 career highlight, and 1 personal factoid.
Jimmy John is the VP of Operations for XYZ Company. He has been with XYZ for 42 years. Jimmy holds 120 patents and has published 72 articles. He enjoys long range archery competition with his three sons.
All presenters are expected to register and pay to attend the conference.
- Completion and payment of registration is required by due date.
- Refinery personnel: Budget cuts impacting your ability to present and participate? A limited number of free event passes are available. Please contact Becky for details.
Thank you in advance for your timely submissions. Our goal is to produce your presentations with the highest degree of professionalism. We will be contacting you directly regarding other ways to promote your presentation.