Hosted by Comprimo - part of Advisian & the Worley Group
The Sulphur Recovery Unit (SRU) in a refinery is getting more and more attention in recent years since the regulatory emission demands and energy efficiency/CO2 footprint has become more important.
This interactive workshop, which will give access to some of the Comprimo Subject Matter Experts,
will guide you through the main points of consideration when operating an SRU including the Tail gas
treating units. Practical aspects to consider when taking an SRU out of operation or restarting the
SRU will be discussed. In the second part of the workshop, we will also focus on the new features that
are available to control the SRU. Digital solutions and how it can support your SRU will be shown and
discussed as well as the options to look into a simulation model for your SRU to be able to train your
operators through console operations.
- A more in-depth understanding of an SRU and its operation
- An understanding of the start-up and shutdown consideration and attention points in the SRU
- An overview of the digital support that can help you to optimise the operation of the SRU (recovery, emission, energy efficiency etc)
- Simulation tools that can be tailored to support the SRU operation
Who Should Attend?
The workshop is intended for technical managers, engineers, and plant operators or team leads
engaged in operation and control of SRUs.
This is a half-day, hands-on workshop covering the following topics:
- General operation of the SRU – points to consider when operating an SRU/TGTU
- Special consideration when shutting down or restarting the SRU
- Digital support possibilities when operating the SRU
- SRU simulation possibilities – practical demonstration