Refining Community Logo

XOM Beaumont Coker S/D fix cracked drums

Home Forums Coking News: DCU, Upgrader 1.Coker (registered users only) XOM Beaumont Coker S/D fix cracked drums

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Charles Randall 9 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

basil parmesan
    Participant

Here is update on ExxonMobil 348 MBD Beaumont Refinery (8 drum) 45 MBD coker  – where another coke drum (No4) was forced down due to crack that requires repairs. (~Jan. 2011 news items) 

There are 2 sets of 4 drum units (older one 26 MBD &  one installed in ~90’s @ 19MBD = for combined 45MBD total) operating at XOM Beaumont with the newest 4 drum unit being added 2 drums at time starting in ~1992 (by Brown & Root?). So I would expect No4 drum to be part of the older coking unit.

COP technology was used on XOM’s Baytown & Baton Rouge cokers but I don’t have license info on who did XOM’s Beaumont cokers.

According to my records they also have had coke drum crack in No5 in 2/21/08, and on No 7 coke drum in 9/15/09. And I don’t have drum number but there was also a S/D for crack developing on 5/22/09 as well. This seems like a lot problems for these coke drums?

Regards

Charles Randall
    Participant

I have it Confirmed from COP Tech that they did not License either of the XOM Beaumont cokers although they did do the XOM Baytown coker.

Checking thru my older records I found the original Mobil Beaumont Coker in 1960 was licensed by Lummus and on thier list coker projects.

Although not listed on the CBI-Lummus coker license list, I do have confirmation from reliable source that Lummus also licensed the later 1992 XOM Beaumont coker addition and designed its drums.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Refining Community