Refining Community Logo

Wash Oil Flow Quantuty

Home Forums Coking Technical Fractionation & Process Process Wash Oil Flow Quantuty

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  antonio saura Cebrian 11 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

Freddy Martinez
    Participant

My Plant had some trouble related CHGO CCR wt%
    I had shut down plant & find problem.
    that reason is fouling of #1~4 Tray
    I think wash oil is so little, that make dry tray & fouling.
    so I have to decide How much wash oil is reasonable.
    Is there any criteria or calculation tool ? It there are that tools or criteria, would you let me know.

coker fractionator with tray in the wash zone and P1 tray below wash section, bring this problem (old design) this area should always keep a lower temperature to 730 F; loss of flow or low flow in this section like you say are going to coke up from the wash zone to the shed tray section, a rule can be maintain a minimum flow of 3 to 4 gpm per inch of weir

the other method is that you can simulate this section (program simulation) and calculate the flow such that at least 30% of the flow remains liquid (leaving the plate P1), because once that tray are dry and again to get wet again the HCGO vaporizes and begins to coke up

Best Regrads

Claus Graf
    Participant

You might find this article helpful:

http://www.fwc.com/publications/tech_papers/files/HP09%20OptimizeCokerOps.pdf

Regards

CG

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Refining Community