Refining Community Logo

WABT in Hydrocraker unit

Home Forums Coking Hydrotreating WABT in Hydrocraker unit

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  abu sara 2 months ago.

• Author

abu sara
    Participant

Hi Dears,
    We have Hydrocraker unit two stages. The feed to this unit vacuum gas oil and heavy Coker gas oil . I need the calculation to calculate WABT between start of run and end of run .The WABT at SOR 370 deg.c when I can change the WABT based in which parameters?

Mike Kimbrell
    Participant

This is a question for your hydroprocessing catalyst vendor.

If you are asking about delaying the introduction of cracked feed (Coker HCGO or FCC LCO) into the unit after start up, my history has been that a delay of 48 hours was recommended before adding cracked feeds to prevent the very active catalyst sites in the fresh catalyst from coking up prematurely. After the 48 hours, the cracked feeds could be introduced. Adding them in slowly over the next day or so limited the exotherm in the catalyst again to limit coke laydown on the catalyst. Again, this is something your catalyst vendor should recommend.

abu sara
    Participant

Dear Mr.Mike
    Sure after start up the cracked feed should be introduce after 72hours .My question when we can change the WABT based in which parameters I need to focus like conversion….etc.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Refining Community