Refining Community Logo

Update Russia Bashneft Refinery Cokers

Home Forums Coking News: DCU, Upgrader 1.Coker (registered users only) Update Russia Bashneft Refinery Cokers

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Charles Randall 8 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

basil parmesan
    Participant

27 May 2011
    JSOC Bashneft plans to Invest more than RUR 35 billion in Refining before 2016
    JSOC Ufaneftekhims General Director Vadim Nikolaychuk, speaking today in Ufa at the International Forum Big Chemistry during a session devoted to investment projects in the Volga Federal District, talked about Bashnefts planned investment as part of the Companys Program for Developing the Bashneft Refinery.
    In 2010, Ufa refineries processed 21.2 million tons of raw materials, providing an average refining depth of 86.3% of total capacity. Bashneft is the leader among domestic, vertically integrated companies (VICs) in refining depth. The Company continues to invest in modernizing its refining facilities, rightly believing that upgrading its technology contributes to the Companys competitiveness.
    One of the strategic goals in modernizing Ufas refineries is to increase refining depth. The main projects in this regard are for increasing productivity of the active delayed coking unit (2012) at Ufaneftekhim and introducing a new vacuum gasoil hydrocracking unit at Novoil (20152016) as well as a new delayed coker at the Ufa Oil Refinery (2015). The volume of investment required to realize these projects will amount to about 19 billion rubles.
    Measures to improve the quality of fuel in 2011 will include the introduction of a scheme for separating then hydrotreating the heavy fractions of cat-cracked gasoline at Ufaneftekhim. In 2012, the Company intends to complete construction of units for sulfuric acid alkylation and regeneration of spent sulfuric acid at Novoil, as well as build a hydrogen production unit at Novoil and gasoline hydrotreating unit for catalytic cracking at the Ufa Oil Refinery. The volume of investments in this area will be about 9.7 billion rubles.
    The set of activities for raising production efficiency and lowering refining costs includes implementing measures based on energy audits, improving the system for taking oil inventories, etc., which, in 20112013, will require investments amounting to approximately 6.44 billion rubles.
    Implementing the planned refining strategy will permit the following by 2016:

an increase in oil refining depth to 94.7% of total capacity;
    an increase in the yield of light oil to 73% (using 49% of Bashkir oil feedstocks);
    a timely transition to production of Euro-4 and Euro-5 standard fuels, in accordance with the Russian Governments Technical Regulations;

Charles Randall
    Participant

Here is update in case you dont have any recent stats on Russia Bashneft cokers (existing Nova-Ufa, new Ufaneftekhim & planned Ufa).

I havent seen a lot updates on Russia’s JSOC Bashneft – Ufaneftekhim New Delayed anode coker that started up end 2010 but had found this blurb last year talking about expansion for it begin in 2012. (Was 1.2 MM mtpy/~25MBD coker). Article also talks about New coker now planed for Ufa in 2011-2014 time frame and expansion/revamp of old / existing ~1955 Bashneft Nova-Ufa anode coker was earlier revamp (~2005) on it also.

There is also an Industry Oct 2011 Research report PDF on Bashneft that has complete view on both Upstream & Downstream (also mentions cokers/downstream units/refinery economics) – you can find with little searching.
    Regards

Anonymous

After updates at 2012 Ufaneftekhim DCU becomes up to 1.6 mtpy. Main update is the new preheat furnace that allowed to reduce duty of reaction furnaces and allow to increase capacity.
    p.s. Ufaneftekhim is not doing anode coke because there are too much sulphur contains at the feed.
    p.p.s sorry for my english. i have not pactice for a lot of time.

Anonymous

After updates at 2012 Ufaneftekhim DCU becomes up to 1.6 mtpy. Main update is the new preheat furnace that allowed to reduce duty of reaction furnaces and allow to increase capacity.
    p.s. Ufaneftekhim is not doing anode coke because there are too much sulphur contains at the feed.
    p.p.s sorry for my english. i have not pactice for a lot of time.

Charles Randall
    Participant

Thank you for the update on Bashneft Ufaneftekhim 2009 4 drum coker – I understand that Foster Wheeler did the Coker Furnace Revamp that increased capacity to 1.6mm mtpy, and from your update it came back to 2013 completion. Sorry to hear its no longer making anode coke was it due running more Bashkir crude (+49%)? Are you still making some Needle coke (80kmtpy) there?
    Does the Bashneft Novo-Ufa coker (1955 one Russia’s first) still make anode coke & operate its calciner?
    Is the Bashneft Ufa new coker addition (2015) still schedulted to replace the Visbreaker there?

Anonymous

Foster Wheeler didn’t the Coker Furnace Revamp. Coker furnaces stayed without changes. Only preheat furnace was add (not by FWC). Project of rewamp by local company. Only high volatile coke produces (15% high volatile components and more) at Ufaneftekhim. I don’t know information about Novo-ufa coker right now but i will find out it some later. I heard about experiment with adding some calcine to the feed.The new DCU at Ufa refinery will added in 2016 or later. I think Visbreaker unit will work and make feed to the coker. It works at Ufaneftekhim.

Charles Randall
    Participant

Thanks Makis – helps clear things up. So local design group did Coker technology but Foster Wheeler did Coker Furnaces on 2007 new coker at Ufaneftekhim. And Local design group put in new preheater furnace.
    There is no way to make acceptable green anode coke with Hi VM above 12% (both RD & porosity/pitch use be outside spec range) – so did the anode coke go off spec & you are making high VM to use as blend for Blast coke use in steel industry as alternate?  Also most places that try use coke particles ( inject calcine coke) are trying to shift fuel coke out of shot and back into sponge type coke – usually this can cause hot spots in coke drums from premature coking of resid (calcine acts as seed crystal/catalysts and precipitates coke formation before temperature is ready).
    One last thought is that if you are backing off the coker furnace to leave the coke with high / 15% VM it doesn’t make lot sense to add preheater to put in more duty ahead of coker does it?  

Anonymous

Yes, You are right. Our coke uses in steel industry as addition. The fuel gas that uses has not very well combustion heat and after increasing of capacity it a reason to add new preheater. After preheater temperature of feed is 350C. Then feed mixes with recycle (HGO) and goes to the furnace. inlet drum temperature is 467-468C (usually. it corrects by results of analysis of coke)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Refining Community