Refining Community Logo

Single Deck Operation Philosophy

Home Forums Coking Safety Safety Interlocks, Automation, Fire Suppression Safety Interlocks Single Deck Operation Philosophy

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 11 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Desh 562001

Can the experts please inform about the ‘Single Deck Operation Philosophy’ for the DCU; I’ve heard that this is the preferred option; how does this compare with “two deck” or “double deck” philosophy?….Thanks in advance  

Anonymous

We used to have “double deck” DCU but we now have 4 single screens with two 52″ plasma screens against the wall.  Works great!!

Anonymous

great if you have enough space….most cokers i have worked  are double decks…insfact  some older ones having three decks as well
    You don’t have to move about much

Anonymous

single deck is best in all aspects, but cost; it’s similar paying for one vs two story building.

Lucibar Davalillo
    Participant

The new coker design i’m working on would be out of single deck.

Lucky

At least in the the last three  units where I have worked or interacted in engineerings are single deck

mike hudson
    Participant

It is the only way to go.

Anonymous

the only points to consider in the design of these platforms are:
    the location of the maintenance cranes, the interference for the removal of the valves, and the slopes of the lines from this platform to the other vessel in particular those that go to the Blowdown system (no pockets)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Refining Community