Refining Community Logo

Seismic Design of Coker Structures.

Home Forums Coking Design and Reliability Cokedrums, Structure, Inspection Drums Seismic Design of Coker Structures.

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  youngherzog72 8 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

Hello.
    Let me introduce myself my name is Italo Sepúlveda Solari, currently I am studying civil engineering, and i´m doing my thesis on Enap Refineries Aconcagua Enap S.A, Chile.

The purpose of this post is to tell about an experience that we have in relation to the supporting structure of the coker drum, this experience is the starting point of my thesis. As you know Chile is a country with high seismic activity, this past February 27 of 2010, the structure that houses the coker drum was hit by an earthquake of 8.8 magnitude on Richter scale, this structure suffered main damage in bolted joints, these failures were cut and traction, I write this because I want to know if you knew something about this situations and experiences, and which would been the way to avoid this in the future seismic event. Once finished my thesis, i will send the analyse of this case.

Another point I’d like to share if you like consulting is his about the maintenance issue to the metal structure as to check the joints in a defined time period, or the type of inspection should make such structures, supported by some international code or standard.

Awaiting a favorable response and comments

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Refining Community