Refining Community Logo

Restriction in Coker unit thruput

Home Forums Coking Technical Fractionation & Process Process Restriction in Coker unit thruput

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 11 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

sinhack
    Participant

We are running 4 drum DCU with 24 hr cycle and we are making anode grade coke. The design capacity of the unit is 2000 MTPD. But we are not able to increase the thruput more than 1400 MTPD as increasing the thruput results in coke bed height going beyond safe filling height of coke drum in 24 hr. Our recycle ratio is 1.9 as we are constrained on furnace feed flow also. We are operating with minimum furnace feed flow. In current set up we are not able to decrease heading-unheading time. Coke bed cooling schedule is 2 hr steam cooling, 1.5 hr low range water cooling and 2 hr deluge water cooling. Can we decrease this time by giving more flow of cooling media and what should be the basis i.e how to go about this ? If any changes in process condition will help us ?

Anonymous

please give me suggestion in fractionator bottom circulation pump suction line chokin @ remove it problem more suggestion.

please send me ess_1980@yahoo.co.in

ok,
     Thanks

Anonymous

[quote]ORIGINAL: Guest

please g”e me suggest’on ‘n fract’onator bottom c’rculat’on pump suct’on l’ne chok’n @ remo’e ‘t problem more suggest’on.

please send me ess_1980@yahoo.co.’n

ok,
    Thanks
    [/quote]

Anonymous

please g”e me suggest’on ‘n fract’onator bottom c’rculat’on pump suct’on l’ne chok’n @ remo’e ‘t problem more suggest’on.

please send me ess_1980@yahoo.co.in

ok,
    Thanks
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

Anonymous

There are a number of changes that could be made but I need to understand the economic drivers and the feed availability/constraints.  24-hour cycle is a long cycle time even for an anode coker.  This applies to the recycle ratio as well 1.9 is very high.  The most straightforward reply to your question is to reduce your recycle.  You should have plenty of time to cool and cut the offline drum.  Here is a typical cycle time you can review;

Total Fill Cycle, hrs

Time Requirements For The Offline Drum In Hours

Drum Switch

Steam to Fractionator

Steam to Blowdown

Water Quench

Drain

Unhead Drum

Cut Coke

Rehead Drum

Pressure Test

Backwarm Drum

Feed Rate,  MTPD

– sim
    (sim.romero@gmail.com)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Refining Community