April 1, 2010 at 11:59 am #2721
Interested Candidates should reach out to Chris Sharron at LyondellBasell via email@example.com
Under the general direction of the Senior Vice President of Refining, supervises directly and indirectly salaried and hourly employees; plans, directs and coordinates operation of petroleum processing units, construction, maintenance, administrative, and technical functions of a refinery. Individual oversees the day-to-day activities of the refinery to ensure the optimization of the assets in a safe, environmentally sound and regulatory compliant manner. Has primary accountability for the performance of the refinery.
- Leads development and execution of refinery’s strategic and operational business plans. Establishes objectives aligned with Refinery’s targets for safety, regulatory compliance, reliability, and cost controls. Drives cost structure that optimizes plant’s performance.
- Proactively addresses safety and environmental issues and concerns. Ensure that appropriate internal controls are in place to safeguard refinery assets. Maintains effective regulatory compliance program ensuring conformity with permits, federal/local/state regulations.
- Demonstrated history of proficiency in driving improvements in reliability and instilling a strong safety culture, both through actions and deeds, and built upon a solid history of a proactive, personal commitment.
- Create expectation that encourages employee involvement, innovative thinking, and continuous improvement. Key leaders are expected to challenge the status quo.
- Effectively and efficiently manage refinery’s emergencies and ensure that all appropriate entities are accurately informed. Develops and maintains effective and favorable relations with local community, regulatory organizations, and government. Represents the company in meetings with governmental agencies.
- Exercises fiscal stewardship in managing operating and capital budgets.
- Ensures refinery is appropriately staffed and that workforce is adequately trained to perform their respective duties. Drives development of engineers, supervisors, and superintendents to ensure a strong cadre of refinery management talent. Demonstrates ability to build future leaders, who, in turn, drives appropriate values/attitudes.
- Use effective communication to influence, guide, and motivate. Speak comfortably in public forums, such as, regulatory hearings, press briefings, emergency management, and others.
- Ability to identify both opportunities and threats to the refinery; understand major industry and environmental trends that affect the refinery’s business; understand the long-term strategic vision for the company; and develop alternative courses of action consistent with that strategic direction.
With combined annual revenues of approximately $50 billion and more than 15,000 employees worldwide, LyondellBasell Industries is one of the world’s largest polymers, petrochemicals and fuels companies. We are the global leader in polyolefins technology, production and marketing; a pioneer in propylene oxide and derivatives; and a significant producer of fuels and refined products, including biofuels. Through research and development, LyondellBasell develops innovative materials and technologies that deliver exceptional customer value and products that improve quality of life for people around the world. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) is privately owned by ProChemie GmbH, a joint venture of Access Industries and ProChemie Holding Ltd.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.