Refining Community Logo

Quench oil nozzle size

Home Forums Coking Technical Antifoam, Quench Oil, Level Control Quench Oil Quench oil nozzle size

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  antonio saura Cebrian 15 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

Our DCU’s quench oil will be increased from 25.7m3/hr to 27.4m3/hr.
    I wonder whether our 2″ quench oil nozzle size should be changed or not.
    Does anyone know the criteria of nozzle size depends on Quench oil flow rate?
    what kinds of type quench oil nozzle FW DCU has?
    If so, which type is the most reliable?
    Let me know any experiences aboout quench oil.

my first question is Why you increase the quench oil?, (I suppose that the used fluid is HCGO at 650 ºF), Before that you increased the flow the velocity was relatively high (Delta P approx = 7psi/100 feet and greater to 10 f/sec), although, this line is of chromium material, the HCGO, is considered that it has solids ( less a 500 ppm , with a good section of washing), but nevertheless yo u have to keep speeds lower on 10 f/sec (preferably 6-8 f/sec).

In the units where I have been worked, we have maintained this quench flow as a relation between quench and feeding to the furnaces and this value this between 3 to 6 % and the same one we have fit it of way to maintain the line free of coke (this is verifies, by a monthly inspection of the line, removing the bridle 24 “or 36¨ ,where this quench is injected), Additionally to this, we have cut the quil (piping injection) until half of the diameter of the exit line of the drum (these movements of flow can take to the maximun possible as long as you do not increased the recycle in the unit

In some opportunities by problems in the zone of washing , we have been increased this flow, which has allowed us to decresae concarbon, until the problem is solved

I request your pardon by my English

Anonymous

Thank you for your kindness reply,

The reason ,we change our quench oil, is our DCU capacity will be changed.
    Flow rate ,concerning new capacity, will be too fast to operate with 2inch pipe.
    We couldn’t find what kind of nozzle type we have, by the way..
    I think it doesn’t matter even we use 2 inch nozzle with 3 inch quench oil pipe
    But I wonder whether any criterion and which nozzle types we can use..

Let me know whatever, if you know.
    Thank you

I found this spec for a nozzle in one in our delay

The spray nozzles shall be located at the centerline of the process
    lines into which the quench oil is injected, pointing in the direction of the flow of
    vapors (fixed angle = 0°).

120°, Solid Cone, 3″ nozzle inlet (FullJet Spray Nozzle Model H-95W or equivalent

I´m looking in the another units, Regards

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Refining Community