October 9, 2009 at 12:06 pm #2944
Refinery, factory disruptions in Japan from typhoon
Thursday Oct 8, 2009
(Reuters) – A powerful typhoon swept across Japan’s main islands on Wednesday, closing car factories, stranding travellers and disrupting refinery shipments. Following are details of refinery and other factory disruptions reported so far from Typhoon Melor.
* Toyota Motor Corp said it would halt operations at its 12 parent company car plants in central Japan for a day on Thursday.
* Suzuki Motor Corp said it would halt operations for a day at six car and bike plants in central Japan on Thursday.
* Honda Motor Co said it would halt operations at a factory in central Japan for a day on Thursday.
* Top Japanese auto parts supplier Denso Corp is suspending production at all factories on Thursday.
* Daihatsu Motor Co is suspending production for the first shift at all of its domestic factories. It will decide by around midday on whether to resume output for the second shift.
* Nippon Oil Corp said it had restarted marine and land oil product shipments at its Oita, Marifu, and Mizushima refineries, but has halted marine and land oil shipments at its Osaka and Negishi refineries. It halted marine shipments at its Sendai plant.
* Cosmo Oil Co said it had stopped marine oil shipments at its Chiba refinery, but planned to restart marine oil shipments at its Yokkaichi refinery later on Thursday.
* Idemitsu Kosan Co said it had halted marine and land oil shipments at its Chiba refinery, and marine shipments at its Sendai refinery. It restarted shipments from its Tokuyama refinery earlier on Thursday.
* Japan Energy Corp said it had halted marine oil shipments from its Mizushima and Kashima refineries, but had restarted land shipments.
* Showa Shell Sekiyu KK said marine and land shipments at group refiner Toa Oil’s Keihin refinery had been delayed.
* Nansei Sekiyu KK’s Nishihara refinery in Okinawa halted marine oil shipments on Sunday. It expected to resume marine shipments from Thursday afternoon.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.