Refining Community Logo

Is it insane to switch jobs right now?

Home Forums Coking Jobs Is it insane to switch jobs right now?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  andrew80 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

• Author

andrew80
    Participant

So I was aggressively job hunting right when all this happened. I have some solid, promising leads that are still moving forward. If I get a job offer (at my dream company) in the coming week or two, is it just lunacy to make a move right now? I am really hating what I’m doing but the work is steady for now and I can work remotely, even if it does drain my soul.

EDIT ; thanks for all your perspectives. Can’t reply to them all individually as I’m working right now but I definitely appreciate your time and attention.

OFF WORK EDIT: Well this got some attention. I’ll try and answer direct questions as best I can. Regarding details: I’m keeping them vague for anonymity but it’s a fair bet the industry I’m in now (largely servicing grocery stores) is more stable than the one I would be headed to (outdoor equipment manufacturing). Thanks, again, to everyone for the time and perspectives! If I am offered a position after the interview process (beginning tomorrow), there will be lengthy discussion about assurances and protection during the transition, taking into account everything mentioned here.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Refining Community