Our Unit was commissioned 2 years back, Since then the maze–> sump pumps–> hydro cyclone are performing well…..
however 1 month back we started hearing abnormal sound from the hydro cyclone….after observing for 2 days…we found that the bottoms fines gravity drain to maze got choked.
Then we decided to install a hydro cyclone Bypass line(we did not have one in the design). Upon opening the hydrocyclone we found several liner were damaged & in pieces, also several were found to be choked. Now we have reordered the cyclone liners & are in the process of installing a filter in the upstream of the hydro cyclone.
Comments & suggestions solicited