Refining Community Logo

High Frequency of Online Spalling

Home Forums Coking Maintenance On-line Spalling High Frequency of Online Spalling

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Arbues Maymi 11 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

Date: 05 Aug 2004

Comments
    Please, can help me with information about the “high frequency of online spalling”?, where I can obtain referred information to the subject?, which are the variables that affect the process?, where it happens with more east frequency problem?, and which are the possible solutions?. I appreciate its collaboration to them, Julio Rodriguez email: JCRCARPIO@HOTMAIL.COM

Transferred from the Coking.com Discussion on August 16, 2004 by the Coking.com administrator.

Arbues Maymi
    Participant

Julio, Do you mean how frequent you spall? We go by the highest skin temperature, usually near the outlet of the pass. We monitor flow (we use BFW), inlet pressure, and pass skin temperature near outlet and the outlet temperture. We do one pass at the time. On line spalling is done every 7-8 months (depends on what skin temperature target you use).

I suppose you either use P5 or P9 tubes for coker. I would like to know the following

1) What is the target skin temp. you use.
    2) What is its’ relationship with design pr. of the coker heater ?

Chakra

Anonymous

Re: online spalling
    Category: Process
    Date: 31 Jul 2005

we recently underwent our first spall, 2 passes in the same bay, common convection section, we didn’t see the results we expected, we had some skins in the 1240 upwards range when we started, is this the biggest problems, should spalling take place at below 1200, would we see results then, thanks

…copied from the old discussion forum

Anonymous

how to proceede OLS your DCU?
    we consider OLS when skin temp at 1130.
    And change temperature from 932F to 1200F During OLS.
    2 days are required for 1 pass.
    maximum 5.5 ton/hr BFW

let me know yours

sh no
    Participant

Hi,
    Can anyone share any experience dealing with controlling coke fines at coker water runoff basin? What would be the best effective measures?

cokerdragon
    Participant

You can have the pit crane operator clean the fines in-front of basin, then put some fresh coke fines to the front to help filter the fines out.
    The crane operator can then clean the basin fines collector 2 to 3 times a week. That’s what we do at our coker.

coked
    Participant

We set the online spalling limit at 1184F (P9 tubes) and during the spall, increase the temperature to 1250F and spall for approximately 24 hours.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Refining Community