Refining Community Logo

Flexicoking

Home Forums Coking Technical Fractionation & Process Process Flexicoking

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Charles Randall 10 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Anonymous

Category: Safety
    Date: 28 Dec 2004

Comments
    Can anyone direct me to a website or book that will provide a description of the Flexicoking process? Thanks, PP

Copied here from the old coker discussion forum by the administrator

Charles Randall
    Participant

The ExxonMobil website has lots info in their technology section since they are ones that hold patent on it. Like atctnc cat said google will turn up lot their pdf’s – and if it doesn’t give me email & I will send some to you. Let me know what your after & I’ll pick one with most info. (most recent were XOM at fuels conference & Prauge tech conference in EU. XOM also puts out fall/Summer PQT tech review pdf with articles on process. All cokers operate as carbon rejection units.

Basically the delayed cokers (needle, fuel, sponge/anode) are all batch coking process while Fluid & Flexicokers are continuous process. Fluid & Flexicokers use re-circulated coke particles as catalyst / nucleation site for fluid coke formation and more of the coke is consumed in process to supply heat – almost completely in case flexicoker which is sort of an integration of fluid coker & gasification unit.

There have been 18 fluid & flexicokers put in, 14 are still operating – 5 are Flexicokers & 7 are refinery fluid cokers & 2 are upgrader fluid cokers (3rd one has been added now @ Syncrude). ExxonMobil has Flexicoker at Baytown, Rotterdam & Lugi hybrid type at Ingolstadt that was shutdown (Apr04). ExxonMobil has Fluid cokers at Sarnia & Billings. The ones I know of shutdown were at Purvis ,Bakersfield & Detroit (MAP?) refineries. There may be one shutdown in Montreal? (and there was flexicoker pilot plant at Baytown shutdown in 1976).

Regards Charlie Randall

Anonymous

my name is deenesh and im attending the University of Trinidad and Tobago pursuing a Bsc in Chemical Engineering 2nd year and i would life information on the following processes please;

•   Delayed Coking
    • Fluid Coking
    • Flexi Coking
    • Visbreaking

Anonymous

sir ,
    iam a B.E.(CHEMICAL ENGG>) STUDENT DOING PROJECT ON FLEXICOKING .
    SIR, IF U HAVE ANY RESEARCH PAPERS RELATED TO THIS PLEASE CAN U FORWARD
    IT TO ME..U CAN SEND ME MATERIAL&ENERGY EQUATIONS RELATED TO THESE
    OPERATIONS&IF U KNOW DESIGN SUCH AS OPTIMIZATION & MODELLING , IT WILL BE A
    BOON FOR ME .
                                          THANKING YOU,

YOURS FAITHFULLY,

VIJAY KUSHWAHA

india

Anonymous

Do you Have an email to sent you some presentation about delayed and flexicoking?

Anonymous

hello…can anyone mail me research papers on FLEXICOKING ?. My email id is phalgun27@gmail.com
    Thank you

Anonymous

I need help to design flexicocking Reactor, Heater and Gassifier, All the help is welcome. Please mail it to labastidasjose@yahoo.es

Regards,

Jose

Lucibar Davalillo
    Participant

Following References are kind of old, but very good…
    Brown, J. W., W., Schuette, W. L., and Sherman, L. G., Latest Developments in Flexicoking. Presented at the AIChE Meeting, March 19, 1975

Anonymous, Flexicoking Passes Major Test, Oil Gas J., 73(10), 53-56 (March 10, 1975)

Blaser, D. E., Rionda, J. A., and Saxton, A. L., Combine Desulfurizing and Coking, Hydrocarbon process., 50(9), 137-141 (1971)

Lucky

Anonymous

hey i need ur help kindl rpl me at
    adibaqudoos@gmail.com

thanku

Anonymous

what u need?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Refining Community