Refining Community Logo

Fire Protection

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 2 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

davidmuh

Hello Friends,

I would like to share with you about Fire Protection. Fire protection is the study and practice of mitigating the unwanted effects of fires. The risk of fire is one of the greatest threats to health and safety, property and the delivery of essential services. Industry, government, and indeed everyone, share in the responsibility of protecting Canadians from the consequences of fire. Fire Protection Services promotes a proactive approach to fire safety and prevention and provides a range of services to clients occupying federal buildings. These services are aimed at minimizing risks to life and property, and preserving essential government services offered to all.

The Fire Protection program is designed to provide students with a career ladder educational opportunity beginning with certificates and culminating with a bachelor of science concentration in fire science. The educational process begins with certificates in fire suppression, company officer, hazardous materials, and fire inspection/investigation. These certificates prepare students to perform basic job functions in fire protection.

It involves the study of the behaviour, compartmentalization, suppression and investigation of fire and its related emergencies, as well as the research and development, production, testing and application of mitigating systems. In structures, be they land-based, offshore or even ships, the owners and operators are responsible to maintain their facilities in accordance with a design-basis that is rooted in laws, including the local building code and fire code, which are enforced by the Authority Having Jurisdiction. Buildings must be constructed in accordance with the version of the building code that is in effect when an application for a building permit is made.

TESTING:

Quizzes – All quizzes must be passed with a 100% to proceed forward to the next lesson.

Final Exam- Final Exam must be passed with a 70% to pass the course. The final exam can be taken three times if necessary.

Anonymous

This is a very sad knews… I am praying for everybody involved.. Please do so too
    Does anybody have any idea what could have gone wrong?

Four injured after explosion at oilsands facility

Thick black smoke and flames can be seen in this still image taken from video of the explosion and fire at the Horizon Oilsands facility in Fort McMurray on Thursday January 6, 2011.

A fire broke out after an explosion at this oilsands facility north of Fort McMurray Thursday afternoon. Supplied.
    Updated: Fri Jan. 07 2011 08:47:04

ctvedmonton.ca
    Four people were injured after an explosion at the Horizon Oil Sands facility located about 70 kilometres north of Fort McMurray. The explosion and fire occurred around 3:30 p.m. Thursday.
    According to a news release by Canadian Natural Resources Limited, owners of the facility, the fire is contained to the coker area. Occupational Health and Safety say the explosion and subsequent fire broke out in the primary upgrader, which had to be evacuated.
    One eyewitness reported seeing flames shooting up high above the facility just a few minutes after the explosion.
    Four injuries were reported at the scene. Three individual were transported to hospital in Fort McMurray, all in stable condition. Another person was treated on-site and released.
    Oil production at the facility has been shut down, with no indication when it will resume.
    There is no word at this point what caused the explosion. Officials say an investigation will start once it’s safe to enter the plant.

Anonymous

I am Charles Chen from Shenzhen Smartnoble Inc in China.
    I would like to see if there is any opportunity for us to build the business relationship.
    We are a manufacturer of seamless cylinders and valves with military quality, We have CE, DOT, ISO, CNG and KGS certification.
    We also have many National Classification Society certifications, for example China, America, France, England, Germany and Norway.
    and with other tailor services for metal parts, including the nozzles, cold forging, CNC and hydraulic quick couplings.
    Additionally, we supply military salt fog tester, shaker system and climate chamber for military part testing.
    If anything I can do for you, please feel free to let me know. You can keep my contact information in case you need it later.
    Sales Executive:charles.chen@smartnoble.cn
    Tel:0086 18759011052
    Best regards,

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Refining Community