Refining Community Logo

Dry Gas in FCC

Home Forums CatCracking FCC Process Dry Gas in FCC

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Bob Ludolph 11 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Freddy Martinez
    Participant

Dry gas is formed in FCC unit at different sections like riser bottom mix zone, riser, post riser i.e. in reactor, etc. What is the % contribution from each section.

Bob Ludolph
    Participant

Many of the advanced riser termination device technologies advertise dry gas reduction of 20%, so I would assign this to the post-riser dry gas contribution. I’ve always observed a very strong relationship between reactor temperature and dry gas as well as regenerator temperature and dry gas. Also, in one location, we had damaged radially oriented feed nozzles that operated more like open pipes – rough increase in dry gas was 15%.  I would say that the regenerator temperature impact on dry gas would heavily depend on the mixing in the feed zone – maybe another 5-10% on top of the oil distribution from the feed nozzles.  So, to keep it simple: the feed zone contributes 20%, the riser contributes 60% and the post-riser section contributes 20%.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Refining Community