Refining Community Logo

Cycle time

Home Forums Coking Technical Fractionation & Process Process Cycle time

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  coker squirrel 10 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Christy Bohannon
    Participant

As with most people, I am looking for ideas to decrease cycle time. We are currently at a 16.5-17 hour cycle. Are there any new projects / upgrades / operational changes that have resulted in a decreased cycle time. I know this is very vague, but right I am just searching for new ideas, if you have specific questions, let me know.

coker squirrel
    Participant

I am also looking for ways to improve cycle time and safety while we are at it. A couple of initiatives that we are currently going after: Delta Valve for bottom unheading and auto-switch drill bits. [;)]

Anonymous

My advise see you drum preparation sequences….!

sreevatsa praveen
    Participant

regarding cycle time, we can use multiple methods….

1. Decrease Heater CoT and form shot coke- This will reduce coke cutting time, but while compensating liquid yields. If you have got a good market for your coke and if any improvement in quality of coke can fetch you more returns, go ahead.

2. Use automatic Shifting tool for Heading / Deheading operation. This will save you around 20 mins per cycle.

Sreevatsa Praveen

Anonymous

A few ideas.
       -Look at your cools, can you increase the rate that you cool a drum?  Install/clean exchangers to assist in cutting down the cool time.
        -Do you have the ability to steam purge a drum during the same time you do a steam strip? (this step alone helped knock off 30-45 minutes)

sinhack
    Participant

Can you please explain more on 2nd point – “Do you have the ability to steam purge a drum during the same time you do a steam strip? (this step alone helped knock off 30-45 minutes) “. We are running with 24 hr cycle and making anode grade coke.

Claus Graf
    Participant

You might find this file useful:

http://www.fwc.com/publications/tech_papers/files/HP09%20OptimizeCokerOps.pdf

Regards, CG

Ravindra Goswami
    Participant

I have Worked with Reliance petroleum Ltd, India where the cycle time is 13 hrs only for more details please contact on goswamiravindra@yahoo.co.in

tinajane tinajane
    Participant

We are currently at a 16.5-17 hour cycle. Are there any new projects / upgrades / operational changes that have resulted in a decreased cycle time. I know this is very vague, but right I am just searching for new ideas, if you have specific questions, let me know.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Refining Community