Refining Community Logo

Coker Gas Oil Filters

Home Forums Coking Technical Fractionation & Process Process Coker Gas Oil Filters

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  antonio saura Cebrian 10 years ago.

• Author

jpiron
    Participant

Does anyone have a filter system on the coker gas oil products leaving the unit, particularly the heavy gas oil? If so, what are the issues involved with their operation? Are they effected more at particular times during the coking process like during a drum switch?

We have in ours Delayed Coker unit, installed filtrate system, whose function is to eliminate particules greater of 25 microns (as much Pall as RP systems), I indicate to you that during the change of drums they are themselves affected one by the volume that increases and another one by amount of solid (this depend of as operates the washing section), we have had that desinged from 33 to 50% over the necessary filtrate area that the manufacturers indicated in almost all of them, and in some until the 100%, this have depending what system were installed (pall or RP also the model), all these are filters with backwashing system

I´m sorry for my english

Lucibar Davalillo
    Participant

Mr. Filterman,

I am working in a new Coker design and we are in the bid process for HKGO filters.

We have references and familiar with both, old style own filtered product backwash system and the new gas assisted, but there is a new one using STEAM as backwash fluid which calls for very low backwash flow rate.

I’d appreciate if experience with steam backwash filters used in HKGO services is available.

My information at work is following:

lucibar.davalillo@total.com
    Office Phone# 409-963-4124
    DCP Coker Engineer- TOTAL PAR Refinery

Anonymous

Hello all,

Just wondering if you have any experience dealing with unusually increased plugging of the gasoil filters. It appears that there was some upset in our gas oil circuit and since then we have been plugging our gasoil pump around and gas oil wash spray guard filters very frequently.

Any ideas what process changes could result in increased coking in the fractionator gas oil section?

Anonymous

Has your operating temperature changed? Plugging could be caused by asphaltene deposition if lower than 350F or coking if you are running over 600F. You also may need to have the elements professionally cleaned. I can send you some information on cleaning and companies that clean sintered metal filter media.

Let me know if I can help.

Best regards,
    Jeff

Jeff Pollard
    Participant

[quote]Has your operating temperature changed? Plugging could be caused by asphaltene deposition if lower than 350F or coking if you are running over 600F. You also may need to have the elements professionally cleaned. I can send you some information on cleaning and companies that clean sintered metal filter media.

Let me know if I can help.

Best regards,
    Jeff [/quote]

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Refining Community