Refining Community Logo

Coker Expansion & Modification

Home Forums Coking News: DCU, Upgrader 1.Coker (registered users only) Coker Expansion & Modification

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 14 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

HPCL lures Oil India with 50% Bhatinda unit stake
    HPCL would invest about Rs 800 crore to set up a delayed coker unit at its Visakhapatnam refinery to

produce more cleaner fuels.

Anonymous

NEW YORK, Nov 2 (Reuters) – ConocoPhillips Corp. said it is re-evaluating the deep conversion project at its 260,000 barrel per day refinery in Wilhelmshaven, Germany.

“It could make sense to defer some projects,” Chief Executive Jim Mulva told attendees of the Merrill Lynch Energy Conference in New York.

Mulva said the the project — which includes expansion of a coker — is being re-evaluated as economics shift. ConocoPhillips bought the refinery from Louis Dreyfus in February 2006.

Anonymous

18 December 2006 
    Tesoro Corporation’s Golden Eagle Refinery in Martinez, California starts on their coker expansion this summer with project completion expected in January 2008.
    The modification project will employ a delayed coking process developed and licensed by ConocoPhillips, who also designed the specifications for a 44t Konecrane which spans 142ft and operates a 25 cubic yard mechanical bucket with a 3,000t per day handling rate.

Anonymous

Just few words to introduce me. I’m an independent process consultant with a largest experiences in refinery processes and mainly in delayed cokers. I’ve spent more than 30 years in a complex refinery in Italy and I followed many revamps and new units’ engineering with a big field experience around all refinery’ processes. Please visit my web site http://www.irpcit.com for more informations about me and my capabilities.
    best regards
    Andrea Iuliano
    email: aiuliano@irpc.eu
    mobile +39 3386089011

Anonymous

Marathon is expanding the crude oil refining capacity of its Garyville, La., refinery by 180,000 barrels per day. This will include crude/vacuum and delayed coker units.

The expansion plans will also include a 44,000-barrels-per-day delayed coker, a 70,000 bpd heavy gas oil hydrocracker, a 65,000 bpd reformer and a 47,000 bpd kerosene hydrotreater, increasing refining capacity from 245,000 bpd to 425,000 bpd and Marathon’s total refining capacity from 974,000 bpd to 1,154,000 bpd.
    Construction is planned for mid-2007 and startup is expected in the fourth quarter 2009.

Charles Randall
    Participant

Here is update on the MAP Garyville – that moved rapidly from the planning stage and into the EPC stage last year.  Although Fluor is doing the EPC services the ConocoPhillips will do the Coker Technology which was used on the first coking unit at Garyville.  The two 30 ft coke drums at Garvyville still hold the title (but not for long) as being the largest diameter coke drums in the world.
    The new coke drums for Garyville have already been ordered.

Marathon is moving forward on its coker addition plans for its Detroit and Cattlesburg asphalt refineries which plan to use Canadian Crude in their expansions. Although some news release have indicated that MAP is now looking at Canadian crude and possible coker expansion at Robinson nothing official has been released about it from MAP.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Refining Community