Refining Community Logo

CB&I buys E-Gas™ Technology from Phillips 66

Home Forums Coking Operations Coke Product, Feedstock, Storage, Handling Coke Product CB&I buys E-Gas™ Technology from Phillips 66

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  4 drums coker 8 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

4 drums coker
    Participant

THE WOODLANDS, Texas–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Mar. 21, 2013– CB&I announced it has entered into an agreement with Phillips 66 o acquire the company’s E-Gas™ Technology business.

The E-Gas™ solids gasification technology is a commercially proven process to convert coal or petroleum coke (petcoke) into syngas, which can be used for power generation or further converted to substitute natural gas, hydrogen and downstream methanol-related chemicals production.

“We look forward to adding the E-Gas™ Technology to our portfolio, which will mark our entry into the syngas value chain. It also will bring added synergy to our delayed coking technology offering for integrated power generation, and other options to the refining and power industries,” said Daniel McCarthy, group president of CB&I’s Technology operating group.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Refining Community