Refining Community Logo

Catalyst Loss-leaks

Home Forums CatCracking FCC Process Catalyst Loss-leaks

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 14 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

Bill Zill
    Participant

Is anyone else concerned about maximizing their catalyst.  Specifically in the area of leaks, fugitive emissions, etc.,  what should we be monitoring?

Thanks in advance,
    Big Bad FCC

Anonymous

With the price of catalyst we should all be concerned. There’s a couple of things that can help.  Good flow distribution and closley monitoring the temperature of your reactor can minimize catalyst loss.

Regards,
    Setzel

Anonymous

The next step in emissions reduction is 4th stage separation to remove more catalyst fines from FCC Fluegas. These systems are typically installed downstream of the cyclonic separators. Let me know if you would like more information.

Happy New Year!

Jeff

Jeff Pollard
    Participant

By the way, the previous post is from me- Jeff Pollard. jpollard@pollardindustries.com

Sorry, I thought I was logged in.

Jeff

Anonymous

Jeff,  I’d like to hear more about removing fines…

Jeff Pollard
    Participant

Pollard Industries, LLC and Dahlman have introduced a new Fourth Stage Seperator (FSS) design for the removal of catalyst fines from FCC Flue Gas coming from the 3rd Stage Seperator. Let me know if you need more details. Our number is 1-866-813-3507.

Dahlman also has systems in operation filtering FCC Slurry Oil, and we have been working on applications for the filtration of feedstocks to hydrotreater and hydrocracker to prolong catalyst bed life.

Lucas Revellon
    Participant

Cyclone Velocities are crucial in order to minimize catalysts losses.  The licensor should be able to give a bulk part of what the velocities are.  However, this numbers are always very conservative.  If you have catalysts losses in the Regenerator there is a high chance that you cyclones are damaged.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Refining Community