Refining Community Logo

Catalyst circulation rate in an FCC

Home Forums CatCracking FCC Process Catalyst circulation rate in an FCC

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 10 years ago.

• Author

Milton Beychok
    Participant

Can anyone tell me the catalyst circulation rate (tons per day)  in a typical FCC unit … with fresh feed rate of say 50,000 BSD? Or some other size?

I just need to have a plus or minus 15% accurate number. Assume the FCC is a modern one using riser cracking.

I would really appreciate it.

Milt Beychok

Anonymous

The one i worked on was a 5oMBPD unit Kelloge and circulated about 28 TPM

Anonymous

Yes . My experience on FCC units also provide a similar figure on cat circulation rate. (when extrapolated – it is around 30 TPM for a 50 MPBD cracker).

Anonymous

Hi,
    I have operated 57000 B/Sd RFCC with cat Circ rate of around 35 T/min, for your info.

Anonymous

For a 50 MBSD at a Cat-to-Oil ratio of 6 the Cat circ would be ~32.5 tpm
    for a Cat-to-oil ratio of 7 the cat circ would be ~38 tpm

a good modern FCC would be in the 6-7 Cat-to-Oil range

If you were indeed lucky to have a unit with a
    Cat-to-Oil of 8 the Cat circ would be ~43.75 tpm

Ken Peccatiello
    Ken@PeccatielloEngineering.com
    Ken@CatCracking.com

Anonymous

hello. dear sir ,If you can send me your e-mail.or If you want ,we can speak here.I want to know something about rfcc unit.i would appreciate it
    may mail :mehrdad_khanbolooki@yahoo.com [quote]ORIGINAL: Guest

Hi,
    I have operated 57000 B/Sd RFCC with cat Circ rate of around 35 T/min, for your info.
    [/quote]

Anonymous

hi .sir i think that,if you operat new fcc design, best c/o (ratio) is 5 or 6.I think that if you test this ratio,you can take best result***thank you

Anonymous

I agree with the estimations made by our members. I am just adding some more information to this. there are several variables influence the cat cir rate. one of them is severity of operation or conversion. 

Cat cir rate for a 50,000 BPSD FCC is
    1. @30TPM for a moderate conversion level of 55 to 60%
    2. approx 40 T/min for a conversion level of 70%
    3. approx 50 TPM for a conversion levek of 80%

the above data is applicable for a riser FCC. If UOPs latest Rx cat tecnology riser is used, cat cir rates are much higher, arround in the range of 80 TPM for a 50000BPSD FCCU at 80% conversion level.

regards,
    Murthy

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Refining Community