Refining Community Logo

BP Carson Refinery Worker killed

Home Forums Refining Community Refinery News BP Carson Refinery Worker killed

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 7 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

basil parmesan
    Participant

Worker killed at Carson BP refinery
    By Larry Altman Staff Writer
    Posted: 06/22/2011 11:22:25 AM PDT

A longtime employee was killed Wednesday in an accident at a rail-loading facility at the BP refinery in Carson, a company spokesman said.
    The accident occurred shortly before 8 a.m. on the refinery’s grounds at 2350 E. 223rd St., spokesman Walter Neil said.
    “It’s obviously a tragic day for us,” Neil said. “One of our family members is no longer with us. That is going to be extremely hard for all of us here.”
    Sheriff’s deputies, county firefighters and officials with the BP Fire Department and state Division of Occupational Safety and Health were investigating. Details of what happened were not immediately available, but it appeared the 43-year-old employee was pinned between train cars.
    A television news broadcast helicopter showed a scene involving a rail tanker car. Neil said the accident occurred in a yard where butane is loaded and off-loaded from tankers.
    No fire occurred and no one else was hurt. “We will certainly do a complete investigation,” Neil said.
    The employee’s name was not immediately released pending notification of his family. Neil described him as “very beloved by everyone here.”
    – Larry Altman

Anonymous

He who smelt it The wind was about 10 mph directly from P66. It was very similar to the July odors, so I suspect it was a venting sour water tank. My wife did see some flaring going on, so I don’t know why Mike told me it was quiet there. They don’t vent for no reason.  

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Refining Community