Refining Community Logo

Blowdown vent gas compressors

Home Forums Coking Technical Fractionation & Process Process Blowdown vent gas compressors

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 13 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

Anybody using vent gas compressors (i.e. screw type) to recover the bolwdown gas and send it to the suction of the WG compressors?. I heard that you may also use ejectors instead of rotating equipment. Any reliability issues?.
    Thanks, R.I.

Anonymous

Depend if the pressure in the blowdown is 5 psig higher than the suction pressure you can used the wet gas compressor 

Claus Graf
    Participant

Reliance is recovering gases normally sent to flare from the blowdown system with ejectors. See document in the link below.

Regards,

CG

Anonymous

yes,  since 2006,  been operating 2 screw compressors on the flare system and sending them back to the gas plant

Lucibar Davalillo
    Participant

Is there any other coker, besides Reliance Jamnagar in India, using ejectors to recover coke drum vents to blowdown?

What’s the lowest pressure can get at coke drum before venting to atm., after quench, without using ejectors at blowdown?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Refining Community