Refining Community Logo

Best Practices round injection quills?

Home Forums CatCracking FCC Safety Best Practices round injection quills?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Claus Graf 11 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Freddy Martinez
    Participant

I am designing a water injection quill to pull the aqueous dew point upstream of a set of fin-fans. Currently it is believed that trace NH4Cl salts are dropping out upstream of the water dew point onto dry tubes.

I believe that Norco, in May of 1988, had some fatalities at their cat cracker that was associated around a bad injection quill. I am uncertain what happened and want to learn from the event.

Could anyone please help me understand that failure, please and most respectfully?

Claus Graf
    Participant

Here is a link to another injection point event that we all can learn from:

http://www.hse.gov.uk/comah/conocophillips.pdf

Regards

CG

Anonymous

Check NACE Publication 34101, good information there.
    Regards, RI.

Anonymous

Is there a paper by API that decribes best practices for Refinery Injection Points?

suhas nehete
    Participant

Dear
    You should design the quill in such a way that it should be make 45deg angle with the pipe and injection direction of the water should be same as that of main flow in the pipe.
    Minimum rate of injection water should be such that after mixing with process stream the  25% water should be remained unvaporized.

Thanks

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Refining Community