Refining Community Logo

antifoam manufacturers and antifoam chemicals

Home Forums Coking Technical Antifoam, Quench Oil, Level Control Antifoam antifoam manufacturers and antifoam chemicals

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Lucibar Davalillo 13 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

Gergely Boha
    Participant

HI Everyone,

Could you tell me what kind of antifoam do you usually use in your DC Units? (And what dosage do you need to apply?)

(Baker Petrolite antifoam is being used in our DCU.)

What reliable antifoam manufacturers exist (appart from BPR)?

What chemicals (from what manufacturers) do you use to prevent deposit creation in product HCN and LCGO streams (if you use any).

Regards,
    Greg

Lucibar Davalillo
    Participant

I have effectively used Nalco EC 9019A , 60000 cst,  which continues to be the preference for new Cokers…I keep hearing about 100,000 cst being more effective, but have not tried yet.

Consumption may vary depending unit operation; it ranges from 3-5 LBS/MBbl feed (average of 0.5 Gal/MBbl feed). I’ve heard units with high consumption reporting up to 1 Gal/Mbbl

Lucky

The flow of  antifoam (pure) is 10 ppm weight of the flow to the furnaces. but this  detail is good that you clarifying it with which it provides the chemist to you because every one has different dilutions, the new design are using 100000 to 600000 cks

Anonymous

World’s largest cracker – reliance – uses Dorf Ketal Antifoam with great effectivity.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Refining Community