Refining Community Logo

ABNORMAL SOUND

Home Forums Coking ABNORMAL SOUND

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 7 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

hurtado
    Participant

DEAR ALL,

IN OUR COKER IN RECENT DAYS AFTER SWITCH OVER TO FULL FLOW,IN THE ONLINE DRUM IMMEDIATELY AND INTERMITTENTLY A HUGE SOUND IS HEARD .
    THIS SOUND IS LIKE A METALLIC SOUND WHEN WE REMOVE THE DENT IN A METAL SUCH LIKE SOUND.
    CAN ANY ONE HAS EXPERIENCED THIS TYPE
    PARAMETERS ARE AS FOLLOWS
    MAX SKIN300 DEGC
    FEED LINE 320 DEGC
    CONE TEMP IS 268 DEGC
    AND THE SOUND IS NOT OF HAMMERING SOUND IT IS REALLY DIFFERENT
    FOR PAST 7 DAYS WE WERE NOT ABLE TO IDENTIFY THE SOURCE OF SOUND .AFTER ABOUT HALF AN HOUR OF INTERMITTENT SOUND THE DRUM IS NORMAL
    REGARDS

Anonymous

I have investigated such sounds right at the Switch and have found some cases that it is the Feed line rubbing on supports.  The fix was to adjust the pipe hangers and supports which did mitigate it.  Check your line hangers and supports and look for rubbing marks.  You would be surprised to see how much you lines move either from thermal expansion of the line for from Coke Drum Moving.  Not sure if you found your problem or not but please share your results if you have.  Thanks!  Coker Guy

ashok singh
    Participant

Karthik,
    Sometimes i think these problem are mine and Karthik is not with us. same sound happened in our drums also,I think it occured due to thermal gradient.

Best Regards

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Refining Community