Refining Community Logo

RE: Update – BP & Husky (Still) Plan $400 MM Upgrade Toledo

Home Forums Coking News: DCU, Upgrader 1.Coker (registered users only) Update – BP & Husky (Still) Plan $400 MM Upgrade Toledo RE: Update – BP & Husky (Still) Plan $400 MM Upgrade Toledo

Charles Randall
Participant

Here is update on BP – Husky JV project $400 MM Upgrade and target is still 2012 completiton. And I didn’t remember this project getting stalled/canceled so not sure about this re-announcement.  

After things didn’t work out with the Husky (previous BP) Lima, then Husky was fairly locked into expanding BP Toledo in JV for its Canadian crude.  As I remember Toledo has newer 2 drum 35 MBD fuel coker, and older anode 2 drum coker (often both new & anode operated together on fuel operation) & an older idled 2 drum fuel coker (that the new fuel one replaced) & is used sometimes during T/A.( I would think they may have replace that one to pull off the JV plans between BP & Husky?) Most of the Toledo petcoke goes to the nearby First Energy Toledo Edison Bayshore Power Plant (500 kmtpy).

Havent seen update on Husky Lima Coking Refinery – they thought they could blend in some Syn-Bit without doing expansion at this sweet crude refinery and everyone before had give up on cost. Just about any level of sour crude would overwhelm the small anode coker there.
Regards

Refining Community