Refining Community Logo

RE: India HMEL Bathinda Coking Refinery Trial run Mar 2011

Home Forums Coking News: DCU, Upgrader 1.Coker (registered users only) India HMEL Bathinda Coking Refinery Trial run Mar 2011 RE: India HMEL Bathinda Coking Refinery Trial run Mar 2011

Charles Randall
Participant

Here is update on HMEL (HPCL-Mittal JV) Bathinda Coking Refinery that states it is ready for trial production run Feb 2011 (estimates range from Feb – Mar) with commercial production by May-Jun 2011. It is said to be 92% complete on construction phase which includes a delayed coking unit.
<Note sometimes this grassroots refinery is also refered to as GGSR=Guru Gobind Singh Oil Refinery at Bathinda Punjab>

The coker technology was ABB-Lummus I think (now CBI-Lummus Coker Tech). But  I don’t have lot details on HMEL/GGSR Bathinda’s ABB-Lummus coker so let me know if you have any.

The first letter of intent on this refinery was back in Apr 1996 and after over a decade of financial proposals and wrestling with the government over a 15 year tax break (reversed at one point and still in discussion but other competitors have already received similar tax breaks) the two parties started construction on the project sometime in 2006.

Also used be significant monthly updates Mar 2006 – Jul 2009 but website stopped posting in Jul 2009 @ http://www.infraline.com/ong/Refineries/baorMonthlyStatus.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1.

Regards

Refining Community