Home › Forums › Refining Community › Energy › Bloom Energy Fuel Cell Boxes Take Electricity off grids › RE: Bloom Energy Fuel Cell Boxes Take Electricity off grids
Opps – My Bad,
Got lot good comments back on Bloom Energy’s “Box” and guess it is still too much in early phase development to start celebrating its commercial breakthru. It is good there are lot big companies with strong need for reliable backup power to fund it thru its market development stage but…..
Here are a few of reply comments from more experienced contacts in power field about this application:
– I wouldn’t invest in this.
– A PhD/genius, friend who knows this system well outlined the problems with it in detail.
– It has high waste heat temps and may or may not utilize that energy….if it doesn’t, efficiency down around 30%.
– Problems also exist around difficult mechanical interface.
– Been warned away by someone with detail knowledge of the system and the VC funding it.
I still feel it has lot promise, but perhaps needs lot more time in development stage for smaller wider applications.