Home › Forums › Coking › Jobs › Coker/Upgrader Resumes › Coker resumes › Coker resumes
PATELIYA NARENDRASINGH L.
PHONE: 1-780-750-0591, 1-780-972-8763
EMAIL : firstname.lastname@example.org
–Looking to join a progressive organization that has the need of motivated, initiative & Dynamic for appropriate post, offers opportunities for advancement.
Positions held :
v Lead Panel Operator/ Acting Shift Supervisor Primary Upgrading ( Delayed Coker, Diluent Recovery same as Crude Unit, Sulfer Recovery,Horizon Oil Sand.
v Lead Process/Panel Operator- Operations, Gas Recovery Unit (Refinery), DHDS, Sulfur Recovery complex and Crude Distillation Complex (Same as DRU).
v Process & Operation -Delayed Coker Complex Designed by Technip Italy, Foster wheeler USA & ABB Lumas.
Total Experience: 14yrs
1. Presently working with Canadian Natural Horizon Oil Sand in Primary Upgrading since June-2008.
2. Sep 2006 May 2008, Abu Dhabi Refinery Division, Takreer (ADNOC), Abu Dhabi, UAE.
3. Oct 2005-July 2006, Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. Panipat Refinery in DELAYED COKER COMPLEX by ABB LUMAS, USA.
4. June 1998 Oct 2005 : Reliance Industries Limited, Refinery div. Jamnagar, Gujarat (Worlds 2nd largest Refinery – 32MMTPA.
1. Successful completion of PFD, P&ID, FAT, IFAT & Isometric reviews, Also follow up with construction & preparation of progress report during project stages of Worlds largest Delayed Coker complex & Gas Separation Unit.
2. Identification of the variables between conventional DCU feed stock versus Oil sands feedstock.
3. Prepared commissioning line blows and chemical cleaning plans, Hydro tests Loops & executed these tasks in the field.
4. Logic and checkouts, Interlocks & ESD (SIS Triconix) did successfully for flawless start up of the plant.
5. Development and review of Startup checklists, Operating manuals, Standard operating procedures, training manuals & Process Module lesson plans.
6. Flawless Pre-commissioning/Commissioning of all units of Primary Upgrading Horizon Oil sand including Coker trains, Coker furnaces, Blow down, Fractionators, Wet Gas compressors, coke cutting systems, Diluent Recovery Units Gas Recovery Units & Amine treating Units.
7. Member of the Facility Enhancement Team chartered to provide innovative ideas and for Energy Savings, reliability, Safety & Through put increases & their HAZOPS Studies. We were also responsible for the implementation and control of the new mechanism put in place to ensure the improvements were successful. Completed Capacity enhancement through the De-bottlenecking of Existing systems.
8. Participated as a Team member for successfully implementation of advanced process Control system. LPG yield increased with 2% in LPG recovery Section.
9. Raised Technical Queries, Proposed alternative cost effective schemes.
10. Successfully done Unit decontamination Twice & Completed shutdown activities with achieving world-class safety targets (Shell Bench Marking)
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
v Gained a thorough knowledge of the layout, purpose and operating parameters of units within Primary Upgrading Operations
v Operate a DCS Control Panel and monitor the unit using the Delta V System to ensure safe and efficient process operations
v Direct outside operators through various daily activities and upset conditions
v Conduct shift turnovers, exchanging information accurately and completely with incoming personnel
v Participate in process start-ups, shut-downs and isolations (LOTO)
v Troubleshooting and problem solving in an operational environment
v Ensure on-spec product specifications are maintained as indicated by the daily sampling of product streams
v Maintain a log of process conditions, changes and upsets
v Participate in safety audits and safety programs and maintain a safe work environment at all times
Pre commissioning and commissioning activities:
Plant layout as per P & ID
Line ISO checking,
Inspection of piping and vessels,
Hydrostatics testing or pressure test,
Leakage test on Trays,
Inspection and Running of rotary equipment,
Inspection and drying out of furnaces
Boil out of steam generators,
Special equipment commissioning.
(b) Start up activities:
Inspection of equipment and other items.
Purging and tightness test,
Steaming / pressure test / commissioning of fire heater fuel gas and pilot gas.
Heavy and light slop oil system.
Fuel gas header,
Fuel gas back up to unit,
Commissioning of Fuel oil system,
(c) Coker Fired heater start up procedure:
General preparation from shut down
Heater logic check
BMS start up procedure
Charging fuel gas and fuel oil header
Commissioning of atomizing steam
Heater box purging and burner light off
(d) Shutdown activities:
I have experience plant all plant shutdown activities.
Shut Coordinator activities
(e) Emergency shutdown:
I have experience and knowledge of following emergency shutdown activities.
General power failure
Cooling water failure
Instrument air failure
Boiler feed water supply failure
Fuel gas and fuel oil failure
Fire and explosion
Cyclone and Earth Quake
Response to Equipment freezing during low temperatures
Gas Recovery System:
Absorber / Stripper
Amine Absorber system (H2S removing from fuel gas)
Fuel Gas Knock Out Drum
Diploma in Petrochemical Technology passed out in Nov-97 in second division from M.S. University, Vadodara (Gujarat).
Passed Second Class Boiler Competency Exam from (Indian Boiler Regulation).
Fourth Class Power Engineer program From Keyano collage, Fort McMurray.
Holding ABSA 4TH Class Power Engineer Steam Ticket.
Proficient with **** applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Undergone DeltaV DCS operator training by Vendor.
Undergone Oil Sand Primary Upgrading all Units vendor training.
Electronic shift log, JD Edward work order system.
WHIMS & TDG on line training.
4 weeks Industrial Training at IOCL at Baroda Unit.
Attended Classroom training on Pre-commissioning, Commissioning, Start-up & Shut down procedures of plants conducted by Plant HOD.
Undergone Process Module-1 to Process Module-11 training at Reliance Refinery covering all Process details/Operational Training/Fire & Safety Training.
Attended the DCS Simulator Training for the Plant Operation.
Attended First-Aid Training conducted by Reliance Occupational Health Center.
Fire, Safety, Environment & permit System Training once in a Six months.
Familiar with ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, Cash (change agent for safety & health), six sigma portal.
HEALTH, SAFETY & ENVIRONMENT:
Comply with all Health and Safety Requirements established by Canadian Natural Resources Limited including:
Safe Work Permits
Safe Work Practice
Lock Out Tag Out
Confined Space Entry
Safety Supervisor Training.
Knowledge and compliance of all regulations and legislative requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act for the Province of Alberta and environmental standards
Follow safe work procedures and ensure all personnel comply;
Report any injury or illness immediately;
Report unsafe acts and conditions;
Ensure Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is available and is worn where and when required.
Ability to work in team atmosphere, with ability to recognize and facilitate through to resolution.
Views challenging situations as an opportunity to showcase my knowledge and skills.
Self motivated with desired to learn.
Solid mechanical aptitude and an ability to produce high quality work with very little guidance are also important traits.
Team player who believes that safety comes first at all times
Enjoys the independence of being self managed and responsible for success in this position.
Excels in situations where the ability to remain calm and maintain effective communication skills.
Exceptional problem solving skills coupled with proven analytical abilities enabling me consider the details and complexities of issues, while maintaining a results driven focus.