Slips, Trips and Falls
Slips and falls are one of the most frequent causes of accidents, both on and off the job. Each year in the United States, more than 300,000 people suffer disabling injuries from falls. Slips and falls can be fatal as well; they rank second only to automobile accidents, causing nearly 12,000 deaths a year.
- 90% of slips and falls are avoidable. Pay attention to what you are doing and be aware of your walking or sitting surfaces.
- 10% are due to physical hazards such as uneven surfaces, slippery surfaces, dirt and debris
Use Common Sense both on site and in the office
- Don’t rush.
- Pay attention.
- Keep your work area clean.
- Wipe up spills.
- Use the handrail when using the stairs.
- Tape down electrical cords.
- Keep walkways clear.
- Wear proper footwear.
Report any hazards to your supervisor.
Remember….Gravity Always Wins