Presentation Guidelines – Budapest 2017
Thank you for your interest in presenting at RefComm® Budapest 2017. In an effort to simplify the preparation process, these guidelines have been created for your reference. Please do not hesitate to contact Becky Peterson with questions or concerns.
Seeking presenters from Refineries/Operating Companies.
Refiners who present will receive 2 for 1 pricing on Conference Registration for their whole site.
- Title, Abstract, & Image extended to 4 July
- Presentation Draft by 26 July 2017
- Permission to Distribute by 26 July 2017
- Presenter Photo and Bio by 26 July 2017
- Company Logo by 26 July 2017
- Registration by 26 July 2017
- International Visa by 26 July 2017
- Final PowerPoint by 11 August 2017
Optional: Increase your marketing visibility by offering a corresponding technical paper to be posted on our website and featured on the homepage.
1. Title, Abstract, & Image
Extended to 4 July 2017
To be considered for a presentation time-slot, submit your titles now.
- Regular Title – The title, presenter’s name and company name should be no more than 115 characters with spaces.
- Abstract – A full description of the scope of your presentation.
- Presentation Image – a clear image to be featured with your presentation within the conference marketing material.
All abstracts will be considered by our board of advisors; a group of refiners and other industry professionals, who recommend a slate of presentations based on their interest level in the topic and the topic’s value to the industry. Upon approval of your topic, you will be asked to complete your registration.
Due 26 July 2017
Upon the approval of your abstract, prepare your draft in PowerPoint format.
It should include a maximum of 20 slides. Typical presentation time is 20 minutes plus 5 – 10 minutes for Q&A.
|Example PowerPoint title slide||Example content slide|
- Use 18 point font or larger. Use contrasting colors for clear viewing in the presentation hall.
- Use pages numbers on your slides.
- You may include a video clip into your presentation. Video files must be embedded in the PowerPoint file as a compliant file type.
- Use high resolution photos. They display better. Do not compress them. Your file will be much larger and may load slowly, but the clarity of both the projected and published presentation is worth it. If the photos are really dark, lighten them up or request our assistance.
- Please send your draft to Becky:
- Your draft will be reviewed for formatting and content. A punch list will be emailed back to you regarding the necessary changes.
3. Permission to Distribute Form (PTD)
Due on 26 July 2017
All presenters are required to fill out, sign, and return the PTD form before the deadline. This form specifies your wishes regarding the promotion and publication of your presentation.
4. Presenter Biography and Photo
Due on 26 July 2017
Please send a short biography and a photograph for each presenter. The photograph should be a pleasant and clear image of the presenter. It can be a formal headshot or a casual image of at least 1MB in size. Biographies should be 5 sentences or less and should include: name, title, company, number of years in the industry, 1 career highlight, and 1 personal factoid.
Jimmy John is the VP of Operations for XYZ Company. He has been with XYZ for 42 years. Jimmy holds 120 patents and has published 72 articles. He enjoys long range archery competition with his three sons.
5. Company Logo
Due on 26 July 2017
All presenters are expected to register and pay to attend the conference.
- Completion and payment of registration is required by due date.
- Registration payment is required to be included in all printed promotional and conference material.
- Vendor presenters are eligible for a $100 registration discount. Type code Presenter100 in the “For Official Use” Field when you register.
- Refiner presenters will receive a 50% registration discount. Type code Refiner50 in the “For Official Use” Field when you register.
- Should you have any concerns regarding registration or fees, please address them with Becky before submission of your presentation draft.
7. International Visa
If you require a visa to enter the United States, please apply for it immediately. Becky will happily supply you with a Letter of Invitation upon request. You must confirm receipt of your visa before 26 July 2017
8. Final PowerPoint
Due on 11 August 2017
Thank you in advance for your timely submissions. Our goal is to produce your presentations with the highest degree of professionalism. We will be contacting you directly regarding other ways to promote your presentation.