Seeking panelists from - chemical cleaners, hydroblasters and exchanger maintenance companies
John Reed - Refined Technologies Inc.
Sean Macdonald - West Penetone Inc.
Brent Dell - ZymeFlow Decon Technology
Luis Martinez - Delta Tech Services Inc.
Comparing chemical cleaning and hydroblasting.
- What is the onsite preparation and setup time for the chemical cleaner. How long does the cleaning take, how long will a vessel be out of service?
- Onsite preparation and setup time for the hydroblaster. How long does the cleaning take, how long will a vessel be out of service?
- General cost for chemical cleaning, let’s say for exchangers. What makes a price be higher or lower?
- Is one method (chemicals vs hydroblasting) more thorough than the other. Are there times when that is not important?
- Within chemical cleaning are there chemicals or processes which give better results?
- With hydroblasting are techniques generally the same? Does the expertise of the equipment operator make much difference?
- Can you clean a vessel on the run?
- What should refinery operations do before the cleaning?
- How long does an exchanger stay clean before you have to clean it again?
- What can operations do after the cleaning to keep it clean?
- How does cleaning effect the life of the vessel?