Refining Community Logo

Delayed Coker Papers

Home Forums Coking Delayed Coker Papers

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mike Kimbrell 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Author

chemical engineer
    Participant

I’m doing some research on delayed coker unit and pilot plants…
    I’ve read a few papers and I’ve noticed these papers which is cited many times..

-Ellis, PaulJ., Hardin, Edward E.,”How Petroleum Delayed Coke form In a Drum” Light Metal 1993 pp 509-515
    -Ellis, Paul J. Hardin “Pilot delayed Coker” Light Metal 1992 pp 609-615
    -Ellis, PaulJ, Bacha, John D. “Shot Coke” Light Metal 1996, PP 477-484

But I can’t find them whatsoever… I tried many ways but I didn’t access anything…
    Can anyone help me, please?

cjaviervarela
    Participant

Last time I checked it, they were available at Amazon/google books (one or two).

chemical engineer
      Participant

Thank you for your answer…
      Do you mean the Light Metal book for 1992, 1993 and 1996?
      I can’t find them… Even if I can I don’t have access to Amazon or google books…

Mike Kimbrell
    Participant

The proceedings of the Light Metals Division are part of a larger organization called TMS for The Minerals, Metals and Materials Society. The proceedings cover lots of subjects. Aluminum production is one of the key subjects covered by this Society and petroleum coke is used as anodes in the electrochemical production of aluminum. Their web page is http://www.tms.org/

Buying the proceedings is an expensive way to get the articles you want. As Javier indicated, Google Books does let you access the Light Metals proceedings. Also Scribed has a service that allows you to download technical articles. I have included a link to one that Paul Ellis presented at an AIChE meeting. https://www.scribd.com/document/332249489/Delayed-Coking-Fundamentals-by-Ellis

I think that paper has most of the content of the others you are after.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Refining Community